
NOW OPEN MONDAYS!
*
NOW OPEN MONDAYS! *
It began in the early 1900’s with Ed Makris’ father…
… when he established the Priscilla Restaurant, which was located on North Main Street near the Capitol. The family involvement was continued when, after completing a tour of duty in the service, Ed came home and opened the Liberty Restaurant with the help of his father and the rest of the family. The Liberty was located near Rumford Press (now the Concord Center) and was well known for the famous Blue Plate Specials that were particularly popular with the workers there. In the early ‘50s, Ed and his two brothers decided to expand, so they bought Keniston’s Drive-In. They soon made it one of the outstanding seafood drive-ins in New England and continued in the tradition of fine food preparation until retiring in the late ‘60s.
Through Ed’s guidance, the next generation of the family continued that same tradition by creating another fine eating establishment… The Talk of The Town, originally at 19 North Main Street. That location was closed on New Year’s Eve 1987 due to remodeling of the downtown building. In May of 1988, Eagle Court was opened to express fine dining in the Concord area and in August 1992 was sold, and the Inland Lobster Pool was purchased by the Makris Family, continuing in the same tradition of Keniston’s, which was the Makris Hallmark.
In 1994, Makris Lobster Pool added quality meats to the seafood and lobster menu, thus becoming Makris Lobster & Steak House. In 2010 Makris’ added their Specialty Steaks and Seafood Market, allowing customers to take home all of their fresh and delicious products from their lobster pound.